Monday, December 19, 2016

An American Companion!!



OI FAMÍLIA!!!!!

Well this week was so super duper awesome! I picked up my new companion and guess what?! She's an Americana just like me!!! I was surprised when I got the news that I was going to treinar and then even more when I found out that it would be an American!! But Sister Wright is awesome!! She is from American Fork, Utah and has 19 years. She has four older sisters and studied at UVU before her mission. She is super outgoing and loving and ahhh I am just so excited to be with her for my last transfer. The português is coming slowly but surely but we both know that it will take some time so we're just taking it one step at a time. 

This week I had a leadership meeting, which went really well. We learned a lot about how we need to have fé in order for miralces to happen in our lives and not doubt. I know that if we really want something and it's Heavenly Father's will, everything will work out, and we will see things that we never thought could happen, happen. As we pray and work like everything depends on it, miracles can and will happen, I have seen this happen a lot during my mission and it's amazing what Heavenly Father can do according to our faith. I love my Heavenly Father and know that His will will always be better than our own. At times we may really want something but at the end of it all it doesn't happen, we get frustrated and wonder what we did wrong. But really it just wasn't what Heavenly Father wanted to happen and I know that in the long run, it will be better for us. 

This week we also had a pretty awesome experience. We were in the house of Ingrid (pesquisadora)(investigator) teaching her about prayer when her uncle's friend came in and instead of walking right through to go to talk to their uncle, he stayed in the room and participated. Well we were just about done and were wrapping up by teaching Ingrid how to pray and then said the closing prayer. At the end, this friend (Diego) asked if we could visit his friend because he had felt so good with us the little time that he was with us. So afterwards, we went to the house of his friend. When we knocked on the door, she opened it and started to give a lot of excuses in why she wouldn't be able to answer. But Diego insisted and we finally got inside. We started to talk to her, taught and said a prayer. She said that she had a billion and one things to do and that her neto that was with her wasn't letting her do anything and all this gave her a huge headache. So I said the closing prayer asking for Heavenly Father to give her conforto. At the end, I turned to look at her and there were tears running down her cheeks. She said she felt that my prayer was sincero and felt that I was really worried about her and wanted her melhor. This was just another testemunho para mim that Heavenly Father really listens and answers our prayers. That He can work through us and our prayers to help someone else feel of His love and Spirito. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us and listens to every single one of our prayers!!!

Love you all so much! Have the best week ever! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment