Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Quase 9 meses...Que?!



OIIIIII FAMÍLIA!!!!


Tudo bem?! Well one more week down and this week was pretty awesome! Sister Taffarel and I are learning a lot together and it's awesome to be working alongside with her. I am learning and relearning a ton--which is always great--with her and am trying to teach her everything I know. Which is not a lot but at the same time is for a newbee. Anyways, this week we met a sweet little old lady named Idé. She lives alone but her family lives close so they help her a lot. But man is she an awesome lady! We were talking about all the different churches that she has been too and she told us that she has yet to feel at home in one....ahhh now is our chance! She also said that when she talked to us the first time at her front door, she said she felt that we were sincero (sorry guys forgot how to say in English lol), beaming with happiness, and full of humility. Wow. Is that really what people see in us?! And this is why she let us in to share a message. Ahh it made us feel great after she told us this and really bore my testimony that our first impressions with future investigators is really important. We could be having the worst day ever but as we put out that smile and think happy thoughts, people will realize this and be more interested. Ahh I love being a missionary! 

This week we also had Stake Conference. I learned a lot during it and realized how important templos are in our lives as members. I am so grateful that here in the mission field, we have the privilege in going every 3 months. The speakers also talked about searching for the real or true happiness that can come because of the gospel. I know that realmente as we search the scriptures and pray each and every day, we will feel a happiness that is unexplainable. I am seeing this in the lives of the new members in our ward and how much happier they are because they know the truth. They are learning the gospel and putting these things in practice. 

One last thing: this week I will complete 9 months in the field. Time is flying by and I can't believe that I have been gone that long. I have been loving these past months working with the people in Brasil. They are so loving and make me feel at home even though I am very far away. I am so grateful for all the things I have learned here on my mission and am way excited to keep learning and growing these next 9 months. I know that as we loose ourselves serving others and the Lord, we loose our old life but gain one even better. I know that the gospel changes lives and am so grateful that I have this opportunity to share Christ's gospel with others!

 I love you all so much! Thanks for all your support and keep being awesome! Have a fantastic week! 

Love, Sister Hilchie :)  


Sis Lucena, Courtney, Mission Pres and wife, Sis Taffarel, Sis Araujo

No comments:

Post a Comment