Monday, April 11, 2016

Introducing the New Arrival!



OIIIIIIII FAMÍLIA!!!!!!! 

How's it goin? I hope all is swell! So this week was an adventure. Monday I said goodbye to Sister De Lima, which was a bit sad, but Tuesday I went to pick up my newbie by myself......I think I was more nervous traveling to the meeting place than having to train ha-ha. But I made it there safely without getting lost and that is a huge victory because I always seem to get lost! But the way back was another story. So luckily the sister only had one suitcase because we had to return by getting on and off multiple trains and then an onibus so one suitcase was manageable. But as we were getting on the first train, I was a bit too slow and as I was entering, the doors started to close on me so I tried to push myself and the suitcase in but that was just not working too well. Luckily the doors opened up again and once again I tried to put me and myself in the train (my companion was already in the train waiting for me) but the doors closed before I could and there was my companion, alone in the train with me on the outside. You could say I started to panic a little bit but guys - Heavenly Father watches out for His missionaries because something wonderful happened....the train doors opened nice and wide and allowed me enough time to put me and the suitcase safe and sound in the train. This really strengthened that realmente, Heavenly Father is watching out for us in every moment! 

Alright so a little bit about my companion: Her name is Sister Taffarel and is from Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná (or Brasil) and has been a member for 5 years. She is pretty awesome and ready to share the gospel with everyone! I am super excited to work with her this transfer and help her become an awesome missionary! Just one more thing: apparently she is Cláudio Taffarel´s cousin!! But for those who don't know who he is, like me, he is a pretty famous soccer goalie her em Brasil. So everywhere we go, everyone always connects her name with him and when she tells them she is his cousin, they flip! So my companion is getting pretty famous here in Santo André! ha-ha

This week was a lot of running around, talking with random people na rua, and visiting as many people as was possible, which wasn't a whole lot because this past week everyone was on vacation but this week is going to be awesome! We are ready to work hard and find those that are waiting for our message. woohoo! 

I hope you all had the best spring break ever (for those of you who had it this past week) and that you all have a wonderful week! I love you all so much!

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment