Tuesday, August 30, 2016

13 Meses....




OI FAMÍLIA!!!!!! 

Courtney and Sister Lima
A lot of things happened this week and I mean A LOT! We work super hard and definitely saw milagres happening in our area. We are seeing a lot of people´s lives being touched by the gospel each and every day. It's amazing to see how the gospel changes the lives of those that let it in. One day this week when we visited Carlos, and he started to tell us about how before he had the gospel in his life, his vision was very limited but with the gospel and everything we're teaching him, his vision has opened up and has a different perspective on life. I know without doubt that what I am teaching for these wonderful people in Brasil is realmente the gospel of Jesus Cristo. And that it changes lives. It is completely changing my life and giving me a perspective on life that I never had before. I am so grateful for this time I have to serve a mission and learn and grow so much. I can't believe that I already have 13 months here and only 5 more.....I don't like to think about it at all because I don't want to have to leave Brasil and all the wonderful people I left behind. But I still have 5 more months and will treasure every second of it. 

Sister Lima and I are doing just wonderfully fantastic!! We are working superly duperly wonderful together and complement each other so well, it's awesome! It seems like we have known each other for much more than 4 weeks. I am loving training again and to be able to show her all the ropes in the field. She is an awesome sister and born to work, which is awesome! I love being her companion and learning more and more about her each and every day. 


Sunset in the city
This weekend was stake conference and it was awesome to hear from Elder Campos (one of the 70). He talked a lot about how we as members are a light for others and tithing and about all the blessings that are poured out on us when we pay our tithing. He started to talk about how the Lord doesn't need our money but that when we pay our tithing, it is an act of faith and obedience. And in return, the Lord just pours more and more blessing on us. But one thing that he said was that as members we can have an impact--whether big or small--on the lives of others as we live the gospel because there is this light that shines from us. As others see this light, they will become curious and want to learn more. And little by little, everyone will come to know about the gospel and have this happiness that we in our lives because of it. He told us to always be ready to share the gospel with qualquer pessoa(every person)
that we come in contact with because never know who is really searching. We had a lot of investigators at stake conference and each one of them said that they loved it! 

Well guys hope you all are doing super wonderfully well and always remember to be this light for other around you. I love you all so much! Have a week that is out of this world!!

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)        


No comments:

Post a Comment