Wednesday, October 14, 2015

One Month!!



HEYYYY FAMILY!!!! WHAZZZUP?!

Nothing much has changed around here,,,still walking a ton, teaching the wonderful people of Jordanópolis, and acquiring some beautiful tan lines! Although this past Thursday I officially reached my one month mark in the field! CRAZY. Time is flyin´. And to celebrate my companion treated me to some traditional Brazilian doces--I don´t know what they were called but trust me when I say they were delicious! 

In addition to my onemonthaversary, Brasil celebrated some grand holiday this weekend which means: 
*fireworks 24/7
*fiestas everywhere
but this leads to ninguém on the streets or in their homes so missionary work was a little slow this weekend mas todo bem! But what was exciting this week was that I taught the Great Apostacy em Inglês! One of our investigators--Tatiana--has worked for an American company for 5 years and knows enough English to get around. Então I was having a hard time trying to translate what I wanted to say em English into Portuguese (which happens daily but I´m getting better) when Sister Oliveira said `speak English, she´ll understand!´´ So I did! It was such a relief to know that I was able to say what I wanted to and to know that all my verb conjugations were 100% correct! 

I also learned this week that the Lord is very generous. I was reading in the Book of Mormon en 1 Néfi 16 when Lehi and his family find the Liahona (a compass) outside their tent, and the only way the Liahona worked is if Lehi´s family worked diligently and had faith that the Liahona would guide them through the wilderness--two simple things. Then I can across the end of verse 29 which reads ´´....and thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about GREAT things.´´ As Lehi and his family did the small things, the Lord was able to act on their faith and diligence and guide them to the promised land. I know that as we do the small things every day, like reading our scriptures, praying, going to church, or being obedient, that the Lord will bring about mighty miracles and show us the path we need to take. The path that will lead us back to our Heavenly Father. 

I love you all so much and thank you tremendously for your support! Until next time, I hope you all have a week that is out of this world!! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment