Monday, October 19, 2015

OI!!!!



FAMÍLIA!!!!!! I hope you all had a week that was out of this world! 

Courtney and Sis Oliviera at the Temple
This week was a little bit crazy because we had a lot of meetings and weren´t em Jordanópolis half this week, but it was an awesome crazy week! I had the opportunity to go to the temple on Tuesday, and it was fantastic! It was nice to get away from all the problems of the outside world and just really reflect on the Lord and everything He has done for me--which by the way is a ton! Our Savior has a tremendous amount of love for each and every one of us. He came into this world, perfect, not owing any debt but yet He paid the price for our sins. He was mocked and despised by men yet He persevered because He loves us. He wanted us to be able to be clean of our sins and have a perfect example to follow. He wants us to return to live with Him again and because He lived and suffered and died for us, we can. Ah He is wonderful! 

In one of my meetings this week, I learned something that I continue to learn each and every day in the mission, and that is that I can do hard things through faith and trust in the Lord. Through Him all things are possible. Sometimes it is hard for to take that next step up a hill that seems to never end or talk to some stranger on the street, or speak Portuguese but I know that as I have faith in Him, He will help with in all things. I also learned that this world is crazy--well I knew that but now that I have taken a step back, it is even more apparent to me. Because this world is crazy and moving every which direction, we need to stay firm. We need to stay firm in what we know to be true. As we do this, we will be a light for someone. Don´t let the little things distract you from your ultimate goal. 

Tomorrow we have transfers! But I found out yesterday from our district leader that I am staying in Jordanópolis with Sister Oliveira, which is awesome! I love Jordanópolis and the people here and can´t wait to continue to meet new people, teaching our investigators, and grow my relationship with Sister Oliveira! 

I love you all and am so grateful for your support and love! Until next time, have a super awesomely fantastic week! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment