Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Tranquilo com un grilo!


BOM DIA FAMILIA!!!! 

I hope you are all doing fantastic and adjusting well to school life! This is my last week in the CTM. CRAZY. Time has flown by but at the same time, it seems like I have been here FOREVER. Somedays Sister Hubert and I just have to live meal to meal while other days, it seems like we are running from one thing to the next. I am really going to miss her and my district...but its all good since her and half my district is going to São Paulo Sul--so I´ll have some familiar faces! 

This past week was one of those weeks I lived meal to meal half the time. We would study and study then eat and learn about some weird verb conjugation that doesn´t exist in the English language then eat and teach our investigators. Such an exciting week to say the least! But I feel like I learned a lot this week and most verb conjugations and other Portuguese language things are clicking, which is an awesome feeling since I will be in the field next week around people who speak little to no English. 

Although my week wasn´t super exciting, something pretty awesome happened to me yesterday that I just have to share! So last week, Sister Hubert and I got dry erase markers and have been writing little messages on each other´s desks all week. So on Monday I wrote: Eu quero um brownie! (I want a brownie) because I was really in the mood for a brownie. But I knew I wasn´t going to get one anytime soon since all we have for dessert is of a pudding consistancy in a variety of forms. But yesterday, my wish came true! We were having a district devotional after our Tuesday devotional--which was so super spiritual and amazing--when Brother and Sister Hale walked  in carrying a box. However what Sister Hale pulled out of the box completely made my week! It was BROWNIES!!! I totally flipped and thanked her so much for making us brownies! And yes, they were very delicious and definitely made me the happiest girl around! 

Now about the devotional yesterday...Brother Sharp spoke (our new doctor at the CTM), and his message was astounding! He is a pediatric sugeon and served in the army for a while as one. Anyways he told us these stories of these three children he had opperated on: one had touched a high voltage electricity circuit, which blew her up into the air, burned her really badly, and left her with no toes. The second, whose mom was advised to have an abortion but didn´t, was born with no arms or legs, and the third was stuck in the birth canal for 10 minutes without oxygen and as a result, led to cerebral palsey (sp?). After tenderly telling these stories, he asked what these 3 children had in common? --> they will all be resurrected with PERFECT bodies! Even though they´re not able to enjoy everything we take for granted daily (like walking, hanging out with friends, and just being a normal kid) when the resurrection happens, they will be able to because their bodies will be made perfect. I am so grateful for Christ and the love He has for each of us. So much love that He died for each and everyone of us and then was resurrected on the third day so we could return to live with Him and be resurrected when that time comes! I know that this gospel is true and I am so excited to start sharing the message that Christ lives with the people of Brazil next week! 
 I love you all so much! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment