Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Boa Tarde Familia!!!

HEY everyone!
It´s already been a week? Wow, time flies. Missionary life is good. I still don´t understand most of what people say, and it doesn't help that they speak muito rapido. But as I read the scriptures and Preach My Gospel, I am understanding more than last week, which is a good sign! One of our investigators we taught said that my Portuguese was better this week than last! woohoo! One day it will all come together.
Nothing superly spectacular happened this week. We just walked and studied and taught and walked some more. We had a companionship swap for 24 hours since Sister Oliveira is a sister training leader and that was great! Don´t get me wrong, Sister Oliveira is a fantastic companion, but it was cool to see another part of the mission! 
I think I already mentioned this and if I did, I´m sorry, but the people here are awesome! Every time we teach, and I am lost for a word or am reading a scripture and having a hard time with pronunciation (which happens 24/7), someone jumps in and helps me! It´s great! I need all the help I can get! 
Okay, so most people here haven´t ever seen snow before since its so wonderfully hot and not rainy here....so the other day, Sister Oliveira and a member were asking me all things snow related. They asked if we built snowmen or make snow angels or had snowball fights to which I enthusiastically responded that of course we do! They laughed and were amazed that what they saw happened in the movies when it snowed actually happened! lol
This week my testimony about eternal families really grew. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be with my family forever because I love them so much! I love my Savior who lived for me. Suffered for me. Died and was resurrected for me so that I can live in His presence again with my family! 
Nothing else really to report on. I love our investigators. I love this gospel. And I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us each individually. I love you all so much! Thank you for all your prayers and support! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment