Wednesday, June 29, 2016

11 Months!!



E AÍ FAMÍLIA?!!!!

Wow is change great! I am loving my new area, Parque Bristol and my new companion--Sister Curcino. The area is A LOT different than Santo André. It's mainly just homes (actually it is). No favela or apartments. My area is tiny like my first area here in the field. So we are able to walk from one end to the other in half an hour whereas in Santo André, it was a little over an hour. Here it is a lot calmer também. Everyone isn't running through the streets trying to catch an onibus or trying to get to work on time. It makes me feel like I'm back home a little bit. Also right now in June and July, Brasil is celebrating a holiday called Festa Junina. During this celebration, people dress like cowboys/girls with everything from the hat down to the boots. This really makes me feel at home. But they celebrate this in the churches so each church picks a days and people come and set it all up. I have only walked past a few but here the ward will do this the 9th of July and I am super excited!!! 

With the Sisters in her apartment at Subway!
Sister Curcino is AWESOME!! She is only here for a short period of time while she waits for her visa. She was called to serve in the TEMPLE SQUARE mission!!! And guess who her first companion here was? SISTER HUBERT!! hahaha seriously, all of my companions are connected one way or another, it' pretty crazy. Anyways she has been here for a little over two months and Monday the mission office called her and told her that her visa had arrived! But she still has to do some other government stuff so I'll get to be with her for hopefully a full transfer. She is super sweet and I am loving being her companion! 

Mission President taking a selfie!
This week we worked real hard. We taught a lot of new investigators and one of which I would like to tell you all about. We taught an older couple this week named Irene and Luciano. Luciano has prostate cancer and stays in bed all day while Irene constantly takes care of him. He isn't able to ingest everything he eat because it just comes right back up so he is on a diet of watermelon, water, and very light crackers. And even then most of the time, it comes back up. But despite this, his faith in the Lord is firme and forte and her's também. They have muito(lots) hope that he will get better and be able to get back to a normal life. We have visited them two times already and when we came back the second, Irene said that the last time we visited, after we left, they felt a huge peace and Luciano slept better that night. They love having us over because when we are there, they feel peace and he feels better. I know that this is happening because they are allowing the spirit to work in their hearts. We can say all we want but it is really the Spirit who brings these feelings of peace and comfort. We are just instruments to bring this Spirit into the homes of the people. 

I hope you all have the most wonderful week ever!! Love you all so much!!! 

Love, 
Sister Hilchie :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment