Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Love and Serve



OI OI OI FAMÍLIA!!!! 

This week was pretty much, well let's just say.....FANTASTIC!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and took some time to reflect why we truly celebrate Easter. I am so grateful for my Savior and His resurrection. I know that because he resurrected, one day each of us will too but with a body perfect and glorified like Him. I love my Savior Jesus Cristo and all He did just for me so that one day I could live with Him and my Heavenly Father again one day along with my family in an endless state of happiness!  

Elia and Granddaughter at her baptism
We worked extra hard this week to prepare one of our investigators, Élia, por batizmo. Élia is a sweet little old lady that we met two weeks ago while knocking on doors one evening in the rain. When we first talked to her, she had one of those scowled looks on her face and to be completely honest we were a bit scared. But she said we could come back another day. So we did. Once we started talking to her, we came to realized that the scowl is nothing to be afraid of. Her husband recently passed away, and since then, her daughter moved in. So as of right now, she lives with her daughter and a ton of grand and great grandchildren. So while we visit, there are always people walking in and out. But back to Élia: she has told us a lot about her life and all the dificuldades she has been through and let's just say she is one special lady. The Lord is protecting her very well. From hearing her stories, my testimony really grew. I know that each of us are here for a purpose and that the Lord will sempre(always) protect us as long as we listen to Him and exercise our fé(faith). The Lord has a plan for each of our lives and with the gospel, we can learn more about this plan each and every day. I can't wait to see where Élia's life goes with the help, direction, and blessings she will receive from the gospel. 

I also hope that those who watched Woman's General Conference enjoyed it! I loved how they all talked about service and that we need to put more focus on others instead of ourselves. It's when we are more concerned about other's well-being other than our own that we will be able to feel the Savior's true and infinite love for that person. I think at times we are too worried about ourselves and what we need/want that when someone else is in need, we don't notice. But when we place others first like the Savior did, our problems will become smaller and will feel more happiness in this life because charity really is the pure love of Christ. I am so grateful for Christ's perfect example in my life and know that as we serve as He did, we will be tremendously blessed. 

 Have a week that is out of this world!!! Love you all! Até mais! 

Love, Sister Hilchie :)   



They have bicycle traffic lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment