Tuesday, August 11, 2015

TCHAU AMERICA!!

OI FAMILIA!!

Can I just say that I am super excited to leave for the Brazil MTC tomorrow?!? Because I AM!!!!!! AHH I still can't believe it! 

Before I start, I would like to point out that last week when I said I heard from Elder Bednar, he didn't actually come to the MTC.....I watched a devotional given by him that was recorded in the 90's, but it was still awesome!!

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing fantastically awesome because I sure am! The MTC is such a testimony-building, inspirational, joyful place! I have learned so much not only in the Portuguese language but also in the gospel and how to become the best missionary I can possible be! Portuguese is coming a lot better this week than last! The gift of tongues is real everyone otherwise I would not know everything I do now in the 12 days I've been here! 

Well I have to admit that our first non-scripted lesson with our investigator did not go so well.....we were struggling for words but when we bore our testimonies at the end, you could totally feel the Spirit--which was a good reminder that no matter how broken my Portuguese is, the Spirit speaks every language and can speak and touch anyone's heart! Also earlier this week, we were sitting at dinner, and one of the Elders was telling a hilarious date story! So instinctively we were all laughing probably a little too loud...then we saw this older couple walk towards us and instantly thought they were going to scold us. However, they surprised us by saying that we were emanating with the Spirit, and we were the FUN district haha! It really just made our night! 

We taught our first TRC lesson on Saturday. A TRC is where we teach an investigator we would have met while tracking but in role-play mode with our professors. Sister Hubert and I did pretty awesome and were able to remember most of the words we needed to and understand what they were saying to us in order to teach to the investigators needs! It was an awesome but nerve-racking experience. We did another TRC today and it was even better than Saturday if you can believe it! We taught about the restoration of the gospel but what was cool that even though we were teaching the same lesson to two different investigators, we emphasized different principles and doctrine, which manifested to me that the Spirit knows exactly what they need to hear and as missionaries, we are here to be the mouthpiece for the Lord and Spirit so others can become converted to the gospel.  

This week for Tuesday devotional, President Nelson came and spoke to us (this time in real life)!! There had been talk all day that we were going to have an apostle speak to us so we decided to join the choir so we could get good seats haha! But Sister Hubert is a fantastic singer and loves so sing.... sooo being her companion and all, I had to tag along! But I'm glad I did because it was awesome to be apart of the choir that definitely set the mood for the meeting and invited the spirit! The spirit was so strong during the devotional, and being in the presence of an apostle was one of the best spiritual experience I have ever experienced! As President Nelson left, we all stood up and the room was so quite and filled with the Spirit, that even five minutes after he left no one had moved. We didn't want that feeling to leave but as soon as everyone started to move, the Spirit was still there, but the strength of the Spirit lessened a touch. I learned so much from him and his great wealth of knowledge (along with the Spirit who is the real teacher)! I had always known that I need to rely on Christ, but that night I realized that I continue to rely on Him because His system works! He has been leading and guiding people for millions and millions of years so He definitely knows what He is doing and will lead you down the path that is best for you! 

I love you all so much and pray for you every night! 

Fun fact: Besides the Temple Square mission, my mission is the smallest mission in the church! 

Love,
Sister Hilchie :) 

PS:  You can contact me at courtney.hilchie@myldsmail.net

OR    Sister Courtney Hilchie
          Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission
          Rua DR Luiz da Rocha Miranda, 159 8* Andar
          Parque Jabaquara
          04344-010 Sao Paulo - SP
           BRAZIL
* should be a degree sign

No comments:

Post a Comment